Thursday, March 6, 2008

Benjamin's Blog

I have some stories.

I think one that I have experienced recently, not directly me, was seeing the transformation of my step-father after his business bankrupted. After our heated meeting yesterday, I was talking with Tim about how male comradery is restoring, and it made me think of Wild at Heart. My step dad liked the book. There...the dots are connected.

My step dad owned Wildflour Bagel Co. It went bankrupt for God knows why, but it really put him in a deep depression. The summer following the bankrupcy, he sought employment. When he wasn't seeking employment, he badgered us about Everything.

House isn't clean enough.
Chores aren't being done right.
The boys are too wimpy.
Etc.

My brothers and I found ourselves swimming and going to the library constantly, mainly to avoid him.

Anyways, he wasn't in a good spot. But with the help of finding a job and being successful at it, along with love from us and my mom, he is gradually becoming a happier dude.

So I know this is a prelim' story, but I think that it may be a valid inclusion.

Tag, your're it.

No comments: